We represent and work with our Members to increase the awareness and understanding and successful application of human food quality seaweeds for food, health and body care. This quality should extend throughout the food chain.
Find out where to buy member's seaweed products here...
Organisations and individuals, from consumers to manufacturers, benefit through access to increased knowledge, cutting edge research and the furtherance of their market and commercial interests.
Join us now to realise the benefits seaweeds can have for you...
What we do for our members:
- Research: Exclusive influence, access and collaborative opportunities to on-going and planned research in this emerging and highly relevant area of food, health and wellbeing
- Networking and business development: An introductory and networking service within the Seaweed Health Foundation and its wider networks
- Market intelligence: Access to industry intelligence, policy, market trends, updates and opportunities
- Training and education: Training on health and wellbeing issues and the benefits of seaweeds and related products
- Consultancy: Free or discounted consultancy for members with specific research requirements carried out by the Seaweed Health Foundation, its research partners and others in the network
- Conferences and workshops: Free or discounted attendance to planned conferences and workshops on pertinent aspects related to the Seaweed Health Foundation and its members.
- Association: Free association with the Seaweed Health Foundation and membership title, and use of the logo in literature showing affiliation to Seaweed Health Foundation
- Independence and Awareness: Access to independent information and research services to verify products and services, and disseminate information to the market.
We lead the market with commercially focussed and independent research and information on the benefits of seaweeds in addressing market place health concerns, regulatory requirements and realising opportunities.
News & Events
BBC Radio 4 Food Programme: Seaweed, a forgotten food?
Sunday 6th May at 12.30, the Foundation is interviewed as part of this excellent programme...
Foundation's First Annual Conference 2012
The Foundation first Annual Members Conference at the Natural History Museum on April 3rd 2012
Seaweed listed as one of ten "life-changing ideas"
Seaweed as an alternative to salt - Ten life-changing ideas under research at UK universities and being delivered by our members